The Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) recently announced that Stephen A. Dickens, JD, FACMPE, FACHE, a risk management specialist at State Volunteer Mutual Insurance Co in Brentwood, Tennessee, will serve as board chair of MGMA.
William S. Henderson, FACMPE, administrator at The Neurology Group LLP in Albany, New York; and David P. Taylor, FACMPE, FACHE, vice president of regional services at CoxHealth in Springfield, Missouri, will continue to serve as immediate past cochairs and members of the MGMA executive committee.
Other executive committee members include finance and audit chair Ronald W. Holder Jr, MHA, FACMPE, vice president of medical specialties and vice chair for finance and administration in the department of medicine at Scott & White Healthcare in Temple, Texas; Susan Turney, MD, MS, FACMPE, FACP, president and CEO of MGMA in Englewood, Colorado; and vice chair Debra J. Wiggs, FACMPE, vice president of physician services at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Lewiston, Idaho.
New members appointed to the MGMA board of directors include the following:
• James D. Barrett, MS, FACMPE, chief operating officer at Anne Arundel Eye Center in Annapolis, Maryland;
• David A. Kelch, FACMPE, executive director at SSM Healthcare in Saint Charles, Missouri;
• Karen Marcelo FACMPE, director of medical operations at Advocate Physician Partners and Advocate Health Care in Rolling Meadows, Illinois; and
• Shirley J. Zwinggi, MBA, FACMPE, practice administrator in the department of surgery at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas.
Returning MGMA board members include the following:
• Brian P. Kelly, MBA, CMPE, CEO of Women’s Healthcare Associates LLC in Beaverton, Oregon;
• Julie A. Lineberger, MBA, FACMPE, administrator at Surgical Care Affiliates in Nampa, Idaho;
• Ronald G. Rehn, DHA, MPA, CMPE, chief operating officer at Providence Health Care in Stevens County, Washington;
• Mickey Smith, FACMPE, FACHE, FHFMA, CEO of Oak Hill Hospital in Brooksville, Florida; and
• Marie S. Walton, CMPE, vice president of practice management at US Anesthesia Partners in Houston.
Source: Medical Group Management Association