The Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI) is pleased to announce the addition of three members to the National Leadership Board (NLB), who will serve under the leadership of incoming President Sheila Guston, CHDS, AHDI-F. The NLB also announced officers for 2016–2017.
"The professional experience and expertise of the AHDI directors spans across a wide spectrum of health care documentation, health information management, and health information technology specialty areas," says Linda G. Brady, CAE, CEO of AHDI. "We are very fortunate to have this diverse group of visionary directors leading our association in today's ever-changing health care landscape."
The following individuals were elected by the AHDI membership in June and will serve a three-year board term, from September 1, 2016, to August 31, 2019:
• Mary Brinton, CHDS, AHDI-F, District 3 Director;
• Susan Dooley, MHA, CMT, AHDI-F, At-Large Director;
• Judy Lichtenberger, RHIT, CHDS, AHDI-F, CHTS-TR, At-Large Director;
• Christine Peterson, RHIA, CCS, CHC, CHDS, AHDI-F, District 5 Director; and
• Jacque Taylor, AHDI-F, BS, MSP, District 1 Director.
In addition, following the resignation of an At-Large Director, the NLB appointed Joyce Smith as a replacement for the remainder of the term.
"We are excited about the year ahead as the National Leadership Board begins implementation of AHDI's new strategic plan," says incoming President Sheila Guston, CHDS, AHDI-F. "Our new vision, 'Optimal health care delivery and outcomes facilitated by complete, accurate, and timely clinical documentation to convey patient health stories' speaks to our members' passion and will drive AHDI's advocacy initiatives and collaboration with key stakeholders in new directions. I'm looking forward to working with our talented board and member community in making this vision a reality."
At the August 4 meeting during the AHDI Healthcare Documentation Integrity Conference, the NLB elected the following individuals to serve as officers for 2016–2017, taking office September 1, 2016:
• Judy Lichtenberger, RHIT, CHDS, AHDI-F, CHTS-TR, Treasurer;
• Kirk Calabrese, CMT, MA, Secretary; and
• Leigh Anne Frame, CHDS, AHDI-F, President-elect.
AHDI recognizes and expresses gratitude to outgoing President Jay Vance, CMT, CHP, AHDI-F, who will begin his term as immediate past president, and the following board members whose terms end August 31, 2016:
• Karen Fox-Acosta, CHDS, AHDI-F, District 1 Director;
• Rebecca McSwain, PhD, CHDS, At-Large Director; and
• Sheryl Williams, CHDS, AHDI-F, Treasurer and District 3 Director.
Source: Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity