The Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI) membership has elected four members to the National Leadership Board, who will serve under the leadership of incoming President Jill Devrick. The National Leadership Board also announced officers for 2013-2014.
“We are extremely fortunate to have this esteemed group of volunteer thought leaders serving on our National Leadership Board,” says Linda G. Brady, CAE, CEO of AHDI. “Our members have elected a group of talented, well-respected healthcare documentation professionals who lead our organization by establishing and guiding the strategic direction for AHDI and overseeing the fiscal management of the association.”
The following newly elected individuals will serve a four-year board term, from September 2013 to August 2016:
• Rebecca McSwain, PhD, CMT, At-Large Director;
• Lisa Woodley, RHIT, CMT, AHDI-F, District 1 Director;
• Sheryl Williams, CMT, AHDI-F, District 3 Director; and
• Christine Peterson, RHIT, CMT, AHDI-F, District 5 Director.
“Over the next year, I will be working with the AHDI National Leadership Board, as well as our regional chapters and industry partners, to demonstrate how traditional and emerging roles for healthcare documentation specialists (HDSs) are valuable far beyond merely converting dictation to text,” says Devrick. “The arrival of meaningful use, EHR technology, speech recognition, and the transition to ICD-10 has created many opportunities to share our skills and expertise. In addition to facilitating content capture, HDSs can have significant impact on clinician-generated documentation quality, document creation process improvement, data integrity monitoring, and more.”
At the July 31 meeting during the AHDI Annual Convention & Exposition, the National Leadership Board elected the following individuals to serve as officers for 2013-2014, taking office September 1, 2013:
• Diane Warth, RHIT, CPC, CMT, AHDI-F, Secretary;
• Bonnie Monico, CMT, AHDI-F, Treasurer; and
• Susan Dooley, MHA, CMT, AHDI-F, President-elect.
AHDI recognizes and expresses gratitude to outgoing President Karen Fox-Acosta, CMT, AHDI-F, who has begun her term as Immediate Past President, and the following board members whose terms ended August 31, 2013:
• Sherry Doggett, Immediate Past President and At-Large Director;
• Barb Marques, CMT, AHDI-F, District 1 Director; and
• Martha Songer, CMT, Secretary and District 3 Director.