CommonWell Health Alliance, a collaborative effort of health information technology suppliers focused on achieving interoperability and data liquidity between systems, recently announced the election of its board of directors that will govern and guide the organization for the coming year.
The individuals selected to lead the organization by its members are the following:
• Jeremy Delinsky, board chairman and athenahealth representative, who joined athenahealth in 2004 and currently serves as its chief technology officer, responsible for the company's software development, user experience, product management, and technology infrastructure organizations. He also serves as a member of the Health Information Technology Standards Committee.
• Rich Elmore, board vice chairman and Allscripts representative, who currently serves as vice president of strategic initiatives at Allscripts, focusing on innovations, managing exploration, and execution of strategic partnerships and acquisitions. He also has extensive experience working with the Office of the National Coordinator for HIT, US Department of Health and Human Services, and other leading industry organizations.
• Bob Robke, board treasurer and Cerner representative, who currently is vice president at Cerner where he oversees Cerner's connectivity services, including interoperability services, health information exchange, and personal health records.
• Rod O'Reilly, board secretary and McKesson representative, who serves as the senior vice president of strategy and business development for McKesson. He provides leadership for portfolio management, mergers and acquisitions, and integrated strategic planning for Better Health 2020 and other McKesson key priorities.
• Scott Schneider, CPSI representative, who currently serves as executive vice president at CPSI. He has been with CPSI for 30 years and has held a number of positions, including senior vice president of corporate and business development, vice president of sales and marketing, and sales director.
• Justin T. Barnes, Greenway representative, who serves as the vice president of industry and government affairs at Greenway Medical Technologies. He also is chairman emeritus of the HIMSS Electronic Health Record Association and cochairman of the Accountable Care Community of Practice.
• Keith Laughman, Sunquest representative, who currently serves as executive vice president of community care solutions at Sunquest, where he focuses on strategic growth areas including accountable care organizations, outreach, and patient-centric care.
Source: CommonWell Health Alliance