The Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI), a nonprofit authority on the use of HIT to create efficiencies in health care information exchange (HIE), announces its 24th Annual National Conference convening top leaders in HIT seeking to engage in strategic discussions about the future of electronic health data interchange. The four-day event will take place at the Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, from May 18-21, 2015, and will feature an opening keynote presentation from Richard Carmona, MD, MPH, FACS, 17th surgeon general of the United States, on “A Vision of the Future of Technology and Medicine.”
“WEDI’s 2015 National Conference is one of the most innovative, game-changing health care events and continues to spur enormous industry impact year after year,” says Devin Jopp, EdD, WEDI president and CEO. “In addition to Dr. Carmona’s keynote and our stellar lineup of speakers presenting on actionable industry topics, we’re excited to enhance the attendee experience with the conference’s never-before-seen programs and features.”
General sessions of the four-day conference will include an influential array of speakers on critical topic areas, such as the following:
• “Industry Panel: Bundled Payments/New Payment Models” by Neil Kurtz, MD, of Golden Living Post-Acute Healthcare; Jay Sultan of Edifecs; Peggy Lynahan of Christiana Care; and David Moore of Sonora Quest Laboratories;
• “Industry Panel: The Reality of Change: HIE and the Mission to Achieve Interoperability” by Jan Lee, MD, of DHIN; Mike Mote of Arizona Health-e Connection; Teresa Rivera of UHIN; Robert Cothren of CA-HIE; and David Hamilton of Xerox Government Healthcare Solutions;
• “Enabling Healthcare in an Increasing Threat Landscape: Security and Privacy Practices for Healthcare” by Karl West, chief information security officer and vice president of Intermountain Healthcare;
• “Industry Panel: Beyond the Wires; The Challenges and Complications within Healthcare IT” by Peter Kung of UCLA Health, Mark Jacobs of DHIN, Lynn Gibson of CHRISTUS Health, and Shiv Gopalkrishnan of GE Healthcare IT;
• “Industry Panel: Data Requirements for ACOs in the MSSP” by Randy Cook of AmpliPHY, Adele Allison of DST Health Solutions, and Andre Berger, MD, of National ACO;
• “Informatics — The Next Generation” by Ryan Bosch, MD, vice president and chief medical informatics officer of Inova Health; and
• “ICD-10 Preparation Discussion” by WEDI ICD-10 Workgroup.
Additionally, educational sessions throughout the conference will cover a range of HIT topics in the following concurrent breakout session categories:
1. ICD-10: Testing and Launch Preparations;
2. New Payment Models Implementation;
3. Big Data;
4. Maximizing Transactions for Value;
5. Innovations in HIE; and
6. Patient Identification.
“WEDI has proven to be a great forum for intrapreneurs and entrepreneurs to meet,” says Dan Kazzaz, CEO of Secure Exchange Solutions. “Regardless of whether you are coming to educate or learn, the WEDI conference is the place to be.”
The event is open to all interested health care stakeholders across provider, payer, vendor, and government entities. Both WEDI members and nonmembers can register online for the conference with group discounts available. Conference registration also includes access to the May 18 National Summit on Privacy and Security and Patient Engagement.
In conjunction with the conference, WEDI will be hosting a Golf Tournament on May 17 at the Talking Stick Golf Course for attendees to join fellow attendees and WEDI staff for a fun networking event with prizes available. For more information on the tournament and conference, visit www.wedi.org.
— Source: Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange