Tech & Tools
ObjectWave Provides New Wellness White-Label Smartphone Application
ObjectWave Corporation recently announced the release of On the Run, a white-label smartphone wellness app for corporations and associations who host annual marathons, races, and walks. The solution, with real-time GPS tracking and iTunes integration, allows runners to be tracked live during a race or an event while listening to their favorite play list. Integration with SMS text messages, Facebook, and Twitter allow friends, family, and other supporters to watch the race progress as it happens.
On the Run was first designed and developed for Independence Blue Cross’ (IBX) recently launched Healthy Steps Application.
The app is part of IBX Healthy Steps, a program that suggests incremental, doable changes that can make a big difference in a person’s overall health. The Healthy Steps Pedometer app offers features for those at every workout level—from neighborhood walkers to beginning runners to veteran marathon participants.
The IBX Healthy Steps app is customizable by gender, height, and weight to precisely calculate calories burned with each workout and can do the following:
• track the length, speed, and distance of a walk, jog, or run;
• follow the user’s location using a GPS-enabled map;
• save results of workouts to view improvement over time;
• share workout status with friends using integrated Facebook, Twitter, and text messaging; and
• provide body mass index, daily hydration needs, personal health stats, and a variety of health calculators.
— Source: ObjectWave Corporation