AHIMA Conference Preview
AHIMA Celebrates 85 Years
AHIMA’s 85th Annual Convention and Exhibit will draw HIM thought leaders, professionals, and health care executives from all areas to focus on HIM’s global transformation.
The meeting, taking place October 26 to 30 in Atlanta, will provide comprehensive updates, education, and information on current and emerging HIM issues and challenges designed to help health care professionals tackle initiatives and plan for the future as well as work on their personal development and day-to-day duties. More than 225 exhibitors will showcase the latest health care solutions, technologies, and products.
Keynote speeches include the following:
• “Come Meet ‘The Doctors’ at AHIMA” presented by Travis Stork, MD, and James Sears, MD, hosts of the Emmy Award-winning syndicated talk show The Doctors
• “Dare to Dream: A Conversation With Henry Winkler and Marlee Matlin” given by actors Henry Winkler and Marlee Matlin
• “Let Me Down Easy: A Look at Healthcare and the Human Spirit” presented by actress and playwright Anna Deavere Smith
• “Disruptive Demographics: New Technology, Older Consumers & the Future of Health & Wellbeing” given by Joe Coughlin, PhD, director of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology AgeLab
• “Collaborative Workflows: Thriving in the Era of Healthcare Delivery Reform” presented by Mark Blatt, MD, MBA, worldwide medical director of enterprise solution sales at Intel
• “Connected Health — The Coming Wave in Search of a Beach” given by Travis Good, MD, MS, MBS, cofounder of CatalyzeIO and editor of HIStalk Mobile
From preconvention workshops to more than 25 educational tracks, participants will leave with a wealth of new knowledge to put into practice. Highlighted educational tracks include ICD-10, computer-assisted coding, information governance, clinical documentation improvement and integrity, the Recovery Audit Contractor program, privacy and security, EHR management and best practices, and leadership and innovation.
— Source: AHIMA