• Patient Portals: How to Balance
Security vs. Usability
• Cloud Computing
on the Rise
• Risky Business
• Take Steps to Ensure Mobile Device Security
• Does the Government
Spy on PHI?
• The New Omnibus Rule
• HIPAA’s Omnibus
Rule Makes Its Mark
• Thoughts on Sending
• Healthcare Information: The New Terrorist Target
• Mining Untapped Data
• Big Year Ahead
• Mobile Device Security Concerns
• To Catch a Thief
• Big Data Creates Big Privacy Concerns
• Random HIPAA Compliance
Audits Have Arrived
• Clinic Uses Tracking Software as HIPAA Tool
• Ethical Business Practices in Transcription
• Get It in Writing—BA Agreements
Grow in Importance
• How to
Dispose of Retired PCs Properly
• Mobile Devices Create HIPAA Concerns
• OCR Layin’ Down the Law on Noncompliant Providers
• Finding Holes in IT Security
• Make Privacy and Security a Year-Round Focus
• Discover the Value of Secondary EHR Data
• Keys to Effective Breach Management
• 2010’s Overlooked Noisemakers
• Should HIEs Obtain Consumer Consent?
• National MPI: Why Such a Numbering System Raises Concerns
• Cell Phone Camera Use in Hospitals
• Myriad Issues Obstruct Data Sharing
• Deciding on a Document Destruction Vendor
• Do Privacy Hurdles Impede Data Exchange?
• Cloud Computing: IT in the Sky
• Pulling It Together — The HITECH Act & HIPAA
• Keep Data Contained
• Ushering in Change: ARRA Adds New Challenges to ROI Requests
• Medical Identity Theft: Will the Real John Doe Please Stand Up?
• The New Red Flags Rule and Healthcare Organizations
• Dispose Properly of Patient Files
• Prudent Data Security Practices
• Is RFID Technology Too Nosy?
• Navigate the E-Discovery Maze
• Striking Gold or Striking Out? Data Mining Delves Into Private Information
• Virtual Visits — The Way of the Future?
• A HIPAA Crackdown?
• Unannounced HIPAA Audits: Don’t Get Spooked
• Minding the Privacy Store
• Pulp Friction: Destroying Confidential Information
• All Tied Up — ePrescribing Restrictions
• A Tall Order — What to Do With Old Paper Records
• PHRs: Striking a Balance Between Privacy and Purpose